The goal of the Puma FC Financial Aid and Scholarship Fund is to make the club soccer experience available to all qualified soccer players who have the talent and commitment, but who may not otherwise be able to afford the expense of competitive club soccer.
Secondarily, the Puma FC Financial Aid and Scholarship Fund exist to help Puma families during times of temporary financial hardships.
Awarding of Financial Aid
Financial Aid shall be awarded by the Committee primarily on the basis of need and soccer aptitude.
Qualification takes into consideration financial needs as well as other factors that may influence a player’s ability to play at Puma FC. However, since the financial resources of the Puma FC Financial Aid Fund are limited, the availability and amount of scholarships is also limited to true financial hardship situations. Aid is not always available and varies season to season due to the availability of funds.
All financial aid requests must be approved by the Financial Aid Committee. The parent(s) will receive written notification of the decision whether or not the aid has been approved.
All information contained in the Financial Aid Application will be kept confidential.
Financial Aid Requirements
Before financial aid is awarded, the parents or guardians of the prospective player must complete the Financial Aid Application. If the required paperwork is not provided by date requested, or if the Financial Aid Committee determines that there is insufficient basis for aid based on need, the application will be denied.
All financial aid applicants are expected to pay the reduced Player Fees on the same payment schedule as other players unless approved otherwise by the scholarship committee.
Financial Aid Restrictions and Expectations
Financial aid awarded is applied to tuition only. No aid will be awarded to cover the cost of the uniforms, camps, travel costs or variable fees for additional events in which a team participates.
Aid recipients will be expected to conform fully to the policies of Puma FC behavior and conduct as well as attendance. In the event that a scholarship player and/or parent fails to meet these expectations, the scholarship may be withdrawn immediately in whole or in part.
All Financial Aid applications are valid for one soccer year (August 1st through June 15 of the following year) and applications must be submitted each year if the applicant wishes to be considered. All Financial Aid applications and required paperwork are due by August 1 of each year.
For more information on the Financial Aid program, to apply for aid, or to donate to the Puma FC Financial Aid and Scholarship Fund, please contact Rogerio Celaya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Procedures
- Complete the Application for Financial Aid form after accepting an offer to join a Puma FC team.
- Complete online registration.
- Provide the following supporting documents via email to Rogerio@pumafc.org
- Cover letter and any supporting documents explaining need or hardship.
- Last two years’ federal and state income tax returns for all adults contributing to the care of the player.
- Upon receipt of all applications, the Committee will meet in closed session to review.
- The Committee shall be entitled to establish reasonable deadlines for the submission of Financial Aid Applications.
- All applications and awards shall be kept confidential.
- All timely submitted applications shall be reviewed by the Committee. Late applications may be considered if the budget is available.
- Financial Aid may be awarded in full or partial amounts or may be rejected.
- Payment plans may be approved by the Committee on a case by case basis.
- Puma FC Administrator shall notify each applicant of the Committee’s decision.
Any financial aid awarded by the Puma FC applies only to tuition and/or select fees. It does not cover uniform, equipment or other team or individual expenses such as tournament, travel or coaches’ expenses.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com